IN THE WORDS OF BRYAN MILLS – I DON’T KNOW WHO YOU ARE. I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT… WHAT I DO HAVE ARE A VERY PARTICULAR SET OF SKILLS. SKILLS I HAVE ACQUIRED OVER A VERY LONG CAREER. SKILLS THAT MAKE ME A NIGHTMARE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU… I WILL LOOK FOR YOU, I WILL FIND YOU… AND I WILL… AND, SCENE.
Our Taken episode isn’t exactly like the movie where actor Liam Neeson stars in, but there are a few similarities that we’ll touch on throughout this article. Before we get into it, a couple of fun facts — this episode is part of a bigger story with a positive underlying meaning that is told through Red Door’s first episodes (Confinement, Prison Break, and Entrapment), this story was inspired by the designer’s sister doing mission work in Thailand.
Alright, now that you’ve got a little bit of background, check out a few similarities and differences on Taken, the movie and episode below!
Taken (the movie) vs. Taken (the episode)
Taken the movie will be abbreviated as Taken (MOV), and Taken the Red Door episode will be abbreviated as Taken (RD)
- Main characters, Bryan Mills (MOV) and you as characters in the episode have a particular set of skills that will allow you to be successful.
- Both Taken (MOV) and Taken (RD) are action-packed and follow the quest to rescue a victim of human trafficking – Kim in the movie and Maddie in the episode.
- Time is of the essence! Bryan Mills and your group need to quickly find a way to save a loved one!
- In Taken (RD), you are characters in the story helping Adam rescue his little girl, Maddie and not simply watching the story in a movie. Become part of the story where you and your team are Maddie’s last hope!
- Your particular set of skills come in handy when you’re trying to solve puzzles, hints, and clues to open doors, locks or safes. You’ll get into a character where you’ll use different clues around you to unlock and decode puzzles! Hint: Know how trees bloom in different seasons!
- Warning: SPOILER ALERT! The relief you feel when Bryan Mills rescues his daughter is almost as satisfying as the achievement you feel when you rescue Maddie and escape the final door with only seconds to spare!
This episode isn’t suggested for first time players, especially with an 11% escape rate, but if you’re up for the challenge, why not take it! You and your team will be separated at the beginning and will need to find your way back to each other, but do it swiftly and quietly before the hotel staff turns you over to an infamous terrorist group known as the Fallen!